7.05.2006

Lots Of News



It has been a while since I have blogged here. I noticed that I haven't blogged since Easter. Just terrible I know.

Well, since then my son-in-law has been sentenced to 5 years in prison but he is going to be fighting that since his Lawyer didn't do a good job at keeping the sentence down to at least 2-3 years. He is at a maximum security prison. Not like the guy murdered someone but has a cell mate that spent 8 years in prison and the day he got out he went and shot the person that put him there and is right back in prison. Lucky the person lived and he only got 5 years. Tell me, what is wrong with this picture? My son-in-law was in a car with two other guys that had drugs in the car and both admitted that the drugs were theirs and he was clean. One guy got prison and the other didn't. What is wrong with that picture? Anyway, so he is fighting that.

The cops in my town are being assholes and harassing my son and his friend. They are just waiting for them to screw up. Well, my son's friend has indeed been arrested several times on really stupid stuff. You know how kids get into fights? Most just take it and that's that. Not this one kid. Then, my son and his friend went swimming and they were about to get in the car when 3 huge guys just beat the crap out of his friend and one told my son to shut up and stay out or they get him. Well, there were many witnesses around to prove that the 3 guys started the fight but they knew they were in trouble and went to the Police and told this big lie and of course they came after my son's friend. They did all this investigation and learned that those guys started it.

My biggest blow since I last blogged was the death of my brother. I had gone up to Vermont to open up our summer house that we share. I haven't talked to my brother since a big family blow out about 4 years ago. See, my brother has been a teen drug and alcoholic and been in and out of rehabilitation for the last 4 years. He ran from Florida last July and drove up to Vermont only to have gotten arrested for drinking and driving. His son got him out. Big mistake there. Within two months he was caught driving his car in which he isn't allowed to drive for the rest of his life. I have no idea why he was put in the slammer but a con he is bullshitted his way and told the court he will enter rehab. Little did they know he just left one in Florida. I think he was to go in the program for awhile and then had to go to jail. I am not sure for how long but I think it was for 3.5 years.

Anyway, he comes to the cottage after I do and of course brings two friends since he needed someone to drive him over there. Tells my mother they are recovering fuckups and they all found God. She feeds them all and then he goes back to the cottage. Up all night drinking and doing who knows what. Apparently, they told my Mother that they will go to church with her. She drives to the cottage and honks the horn. One guy comes out and says he is still sleeping. Mom goes to church with out them. She comes home and goes about her business. Around 2:00 PM these guys come down to my Mother's house and says we can't wake up Jeff. Mom looks at them like "What do you mean you can't wake him?" and gets up and goes to the cottage and stands in the doorway and knows without even touching him he is dead.


We learned that on May 30th he prescribed Dilaudid and Valium to him. What was this Doctor thinking after having read on what Dilaudid was used for. My brother didn't have the following that is described below. Accordinly to the Medical Examiner.

Dilaudid, a narcotic analgesic, is prescribed for the relief of moderate to severe pain such as that due to:

Biliary colic (pain caused by an obstruction in the gallbladder or bile duct)
Burns
Cancer
Heart attack
Injury (soft tissue and bone)
Renal colic (sharp lower back and groin pain usually caused by the passage of a stone through the ureter)
Surgery

We still are waiting for the Autopsy report and I want to know the time of death especially because I have this strange feeling about my brother's death. My brother was too much of a chicken to kill himself. Now, I understand that he could have just gotten up and wanted to get high and overdosed himself. There is something so wrong with this picture as one of the guys called my Mother the next day saying something like my brother stole some drugs from this guy and "He was done wrong" should we call the Police?" My younger brother was listening on another phone when he heard this. These guys are nervous about something. So until we get that report I or my brother's son can't do anything.

What else...went to Vermont over the July 4th weekend. We had a big party for my Mother and Aunt (twins) for their 80th Birthday.

3 comments:

Skye said...

Ohhh, when it rains it pours. I'd been by a few times to check to see if everything was alright with you. Twins 80 yrs. young! wow! Take care of yourself. skye

Shesawriter said...

Man, oh, man, have you had a rough time of it. You're in my thoughts. It's good to "see" you again.

Hugs

Susan said...

Is that what it was HELL! LOL!I was beginning to wonder.