2.18.2006

Writing How-To-Do Articles



Since I am learning PSP, and I do a lot of crafts, a lot of my work will be craft related. This is a gable box that I made. If you want to use it this is fine, and you need to print out two of them and put the box together.You may need to resize to fit regual size paper (11 x 8.5). Best to use cardstock paper, and white of course.

I had bought PSP (Paint Shop Pro) for myself for my Birthday last month. No, I cannot send my husband out to get any computer stuff for me. This guy has no idea how to turn on the computer, let alone send him to a computer store? If I told him to pick up a mouse for me he come back with a live one. Get the point here? I tried to teach him the basic but, I just didn't have the patience's with him. If he had some computer skills it be a different story but, he has zilch.
He only uses a special computer to program in codes that he needs to at his job. It is totally different from the usual desk top or laptop. It involves with Pools and Spa's. Nevertheless, he still isn't computer savvy whatsoever.

Anyway, I am drifting off from my topic here. Well, I belong to several Yahoo Groups to help me learn this PSP stuff. Well, it was obvious that some of what goes on these groups really don't teach you much and I had to seek other ways of learning this stuff. Even though, I had gotten a big fat book along with the program I be still sitting here trying to figure out this stuff. So off to Google to help me. I came across zillions of sites that give tutorials on how to do certain things. Perfect. Some of the sites that I had gone to would tell you to do this and that but failed to tell you where to go to do this and that and would use terms with no explaining about them. I had to weed out sites that explained things clearly. If one is to right these tutorials they should write assuming the person has no idea about PSP. Not always the case. I did however, find some good sites that explained things thoroughly.

Now that I have some basics of how this darn thing works I am getting addicted to it. I have lots to learn and from the little basic stuff I have learned I am bored with that part and want to learn animation now. Back to Google for some tutorials and hopefully I can get some good sites that teach this properly.

If anyone plans on writing out any HOW-TO-Do articles, bear in mind, you should always assume a beginner is going to read your tutorials so, write your article as if you were just learning yourself.

By the way, notice the background on this blog? Yup, I made that with PSP.


3 comments:

Skye said...

Gawd! I'd like to be able to do 1/16th of the Fantastic stuff you do!! I've run across the same problem when I research the "How -to-Do" then I get stressed and forget about it. I like this, to me it looks layered plaid effect. Can't wait to see what you're going to do with annimation. :)

Anhoni Patel said...

Bad how-tos are the worst. Especially for furniture or knitting. argh. I like the new background!

Jay said...

Anyone home?