9.25.2005

Christmas Tree Shop

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It's a store around here that originated in Massachusetts I think in the Nantucket or Cape Cod. We have a few of the stores in Connecticut as well. It isn't just Christmas stuff. You will find things from all seasons, furniture, kitchen stuff, books, and a lot of odds and ends at really good prices.

My husband loves the store. Yes, unbelievable that my husband doesn't mind going to this store with me. In fact he suggested it. Of course I jumped to it. He mingles in the kitchen stuff and is always finding stuff to buy and it doesn't cost much either. Like tonight he found a set of three size strainers for $4.99. I picked up a deep dish pie plate for $3.99. We have bought many different serving dishes, set of glasses, dishes etc. Not to mention we find Christmas ornaments, decorations, Thanksgiving stuff, Halloween right now. It is an addition to go in there because the merchandise is different every time you go in there. So, if you don't pick it up right away you aren't going to find it the next time you go there. It has happened to us many times.

We are pretty good not over doing it on spending on too much crap. I like to keep the budget under $50 in which I have seen people spend well over $100 + and that is easily done. I usually go in there in the fall. Sometimes I go in there during spring time and find things for BBQ and some miscellaneous things but for the most part I spend very little.

3 comments:

Cassandra said...

What the hell? You're over here too....

Unknown said...

Sounds like my kind of store.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, thought I'd come over here and see what all the fuss is about...I have a Christmas Tree Shop not 5 minutes away from me. I love this place but whenever you go or what hour it is always so crowded you can hardly move around and it takes forever to check-out. I think this one is the only CTS in the Ocean State. These people make money hand-over-fist. (I love their stuff tho!).....Linda(chattymoon)