9.29.2005

Guilty!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Okay, I am going to contradict myself on a previous post that I had written about on crap that we keep in our home. I am guilty as charge. I too collect crap, and it is Moose stuff. It started off with Cows, and then one day out of the blue I saw this adorable moose and I was hooked. Everything I looked at was moose, moose, and more moose. My bedroom is filled with moose stuff. I don't know why I started this craze but those huge creatures of the wild are cute.

I have never seen a live Moose in Vermont. I am sure there are some around but I don't think as much as Maine does. I never realized how gigantic these animals are until I went into a museum in St. Johnsbury, Vermont and they had this huge ass moose in there. I wasn't sure I believed that the animal was that big and they just made that animal for show purpose. Ya, call me dumb-dumb here. So, I had to ask if indeed a moose was that dam big. Yup, it certainly is.

I was telling my girl friend at work about my moose collection and how I seen one at a museum and she has a house in Maine. She said that the only time she had seen one was dead on the side of the road. She went on to say that it was huge and she too didn't realize how huge they were. We both could only imagine the impact that car had sustain when they were approached by this moose. The damage must have been far greater than hitting a deer. Just hitting a deer can do some serious damage to your car. I know, one ran into me. That is another blog. But, a MOOSE! I am sure the car was completely totaled and I wondered about the people in that vehicle. Did they live and get hurt badly or die? One will never know on this one. Anyway, I am a Moose collector.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the first moose collector I have ever heard of - now there is one for the books. They are fascinating creatures. We have a lot of deer running wild here, but I can't imagine a moose running past my house or in my yard. Holy Crap Batman.

Sydney said...

a moose huh? Whats the plural for a moose? Meese? Mouses? Mousen?

Tammy said...

First off, thanks for visiting me via Michele....

second off....are you in Vermont?! I grew up in Colchester, and my mom still lives in Jericho (along with my sister)...and I have a sis in Essex and a brother in Williston.

And yes, Moose are HUGE! We were out Sunday driving once when my son was quite small (my daughter was a baby, I was pregnant with #3). We were somewhere outside of Barre, I think...and we saw a moose on the side of the road, in a driveway of a house under construction. Hubby, being a man, of course pulled over. This moose walked right up to my CAR (which was a CHEVETTE, how's that for an image?!). Nick was about 2 1/2...and wanted to PET the moose...which stood well taller than our car!

Ok...and now I've written an entire post in your comment section. :) I'll be back to see what's going on.

Susan said...

Hi Tammy,
No I do not live in Vermont. I have a summer home where that picture is on my blog. Been going up there all my life. I have family in Williston though and Burlington as well.