12.15.2005

Good News!

Max ~ No Cancer!
What a cry of relief this is!

Went to see Max and the Vet explained what he had done. He said that when Max scratched his ear on the backside to death he had punctured two holes in his ears to cause the bad infection and like I said before they had to stitch the holes up. Then of course the cut he had to make to keep draining the ear and the other cut to take of the growth or tumor and the results should be in on Monday. This is gonna cost us $77 a day for him to be in there so, my husband and I are like no frickin way we can afford this any more and are only alternative is to drain his ear and put medication in ear ourselves. He is gonna have to watch what the Vet does as I couldn't even look at it. I only saw the back side of his ear and how they had shaved all around the ear just grossed me out. So, he is going to be the one that does this and I have to hold him down. The Vet said that we will have to do this for a month or he has to stay at the Vet for a month. Ah, for free maybe but I can't afford this any more.

13 comments:

Shesawriter said...

This is great news! :-)

Tanya

Scottish Toodler said...

I am glad Max is okay!!! But oh, what a situation!!!!!! I AM SENDING YOU AND MAX LOTS OF LOVE!!!!!!!!!

Mise en Place said...

Yay, yay, hurray! What good news and I know a great relief. I'm glad thing all turned out well.

Jay said...

Good news for Max. Not so much for your wallet. I'm sure he appreciates you more than ever though!

Skye said...

Hoo-Ray!

Anhoni Patel said...

yay!

Jack said...

Hey -- Christmas blessings! Great news!

Anonymous said...

Very interesting.

Linda said...

Oh Sue I'm so glad you got good news on Max. Ages ago when I had a Siamese cat who got in a catfight (before THE operation,lol) he got bitten on the neck area just under his ear. They made me a cone to keep him from scratching and tp keep the medicine on. Does your vet have a cone to put around Max's neck? Then he can't scratch and the ear can heal. He won't like it (neither did Simba) but it healed quickly and we could throw away the cone. I am so happy it was an infection and not the Dreaded Other. Hope Max heals well and quickly,

Neo said...

Dreams -I'm so sorry to hear about your pet. I'll say a prayer for it. :) *hug*

Scottish Toodler said...

Hello? No post for a while, I hope things are going okay and you are just busy!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that he does not have cancer!

soonerfan78 said...

Sorry to hear about Max, but glad that is not what you feared. Susan, I hope that you have a very merry XMAS and a joyous holiday, tell all of my old freinds at blogster the same, I have one open account there, but I am afraid if I post with it, they will just delete it. I may try anyway to wish a happy holiday for all. Love ya, your freind, PAUL;)