12.11.2005

A New Author - Mark Barnes

I am not a sports fan but I have a little story to tell you. I am on another blog site and I had gotten an email by this guy asking me how to increase their blogeyes and of course being the smart ass I am I told him that I was a blabber mouth and I like to write about anything. I gave him a point pointers to. Perhaps the pointers were for me rather than the thousands of readers on the internet. I said that while Politics is a great subject it tends to get worn out and if he is prepared to get into a heated political war with other bloggers go right ahead and write about it. I just basically told him to be himself and write what ever comes to mind and if he is good he will get those readers coming back and perhaps someone will blog about him that will make others check out his blog.

He isn't a Blogspot subscriber but I had suggested this to him because I told him that Blogspot is filled with a lot of writers like him and he would mesh in well if he can handle two blogs. So, I had to see who this character is and read his blog. Then, I followed to his website. Ah, he is indeed a sports writer. Football seems to be his specialty. He has written a new novel "The League" by Mark Barnes. He just may be the next John Grisham or James Patterson from what I am gathering of his style of writing. It doesn't matter if he is writing about football to me because after all, he writes suspense or mystery and I read those type of books as well as other type of genre.

If you should be looking for a book for someone that likes sports may I suggest picking up The League or perhaps you may want to read the book as well.

4 comments:

Scottish Toodler said...

Thanks for the tip!!! I always want to know what people are reading!!! And I think you gave good advice to the newbie blogger!! Anyhow, I hope Max is doing alright!!!

Shesawriter said...

I'm not into sports. I'm just stopping by to see if you've got any updates on Max. Post when you do.

Hugs,

Tanya

Anhoni Patel said...

well...I think it's good that you are thinking of something else if only for a minute or two.

You gave that guy good advice. It's good to know that even talented/established writers need basic advice.

ps. hope Max is better.

yellowdoggranny said...

THIS SOUNDS LIKE A BOOK RIGHT UP MY ALLEY..I WILL SEE IF HENRIETTA CAN GET IT FOR THE LIBRAY...IF SO.I WILL READ AND TELL YOU HOW GOOD IT IS...SOUNDS GOOD....