12.08.2005

Very Bad News on Max...



Really bad news. Max isn't doing well. The Vet had called my husband's cell phone since he couldn't reach my house phone. I was vacuuming and didn't hear the phone ring until it was too late.

He had explained to my husband that Max has a tumor in his ear. It is cancer. This explains the nose bleed more and his swollen ear. He said he will have to cut the ear off but he believes Max will be fine afterwards. I don't know. Cancer is cancer no matter where. My other dog died of cancer. So, the Vet will be calling me shortly since my husband suggested he call to explain all this to me and my husband wanted to warn me. Max is a Yellow Lab/Golden Retriever.

I am not in the greatest mood and certainly not in the holiday spirit now. I couldn't care less. I won't be able to do any shopping since this surgery is going to wipe us out.

Will keep you posted.

9 comments:

Jay said...

I'm really sorry to hear that, and I hope everything works out, regardless of the cost.

Mise en Place said...

Oh, THAT sucks. I sorry to hear the terrible news. Hang in there and DO keep us posted.

Lammy said...

AWWWW that is very very sad to me.
Please keep updating.. I'd love to hear how he's doing.
You're in my prayers.. as is Max.
Hugs

Anonymous said...

AWWWW!!! {{{HUGS}}} So sorry this happening.

Jack said...

Very sorry to hear about your dog. The wife and I are contemplating gifting our kids with a puppy for Christmas (I've resisted a dog for years; now I'm giving in). But, that's one of the things I've thought about; it's another being that we'd be bringing into the family. One that we'd grow to love, but at the same time, be devastated if/when it grows ill and eventually dies.

Skye said...

Prayers for you and Max.

Linda said...

So sorry about Max, but do as much as you can for him, no matter the cost. When my cat Peanut was in and out of the hosp. and required a lot of medicine, I ran my credit card up high, in the end I couldn't save her but I know in my heart I did everything I could for her. Your vet says the operation will take care of the cancer so I say, have the operation done, if you and your husband decide this is the thing to do. I'll keep Max in my thoughts and send healing thoughts his way...keep us posted, poor doggie,

Linda said...

Just thinking about Max today. Hope he is feeling a little better. It's so hard when you have pets, they are our furry babies and we do whatever we can for them, it's very hard, sending healing thoughts Max's way,....hugz, Linda

Scottish Toodler said...

POOR MAX!!! I am so sorry to hear about this!!! I will pray for both of you!!!!! I am so glad he has such a good home and loving "mama."