12.10.2005

Update on Max

I just want to thank all of you for your prayers for my dog Max. I know I haven't been visiting your blogs lately but I just have too much on my mind lately and will be for the next week. I have lost my spirit of Christmas. As soon as my Max returns home I will feel myself again. I just don't like the fact he is at the hospital all by himself and wondering if he thinks I have abandon him. I gotta find a nice blanket and some treats for his homecoming and he better be home for Christmas.

I just got back from the Vet. I brought my husband with me this time just in case being upset as I am I would miss what the Veterinarian would tell us about Max.

He didn't want us to talk because he didn't want Max to know we were there but the dog knew. The Veterinarian had his assistant bring Max out to show us the ear. I stood by the door, I just couldn't go in and see his ear. I just do not have the stomach for that. Well, even if I had looked at it I would have freaked out. So, it was best my husband went in and looked at the ear. The ear is still draining out from what I could see on the examining table. The assistant was covering Max's eyes but dogs can smell you and know your sent to figure out that your there.

We then went down stairs to talk more about the surgery. What he will do first is take a sample of the growth to determine what kind of growth it is. He said he could just cut the growth out and leave the ear but then that growth will come back or just take the ear off completely. The one main thing he is concerned about is the fact the infection and other medical problems Max is having now he may not make it through surgery. In other words he can die from the surgery. That was it for me. I just cried like a baby when he said that. So, in other words, this surgery is a 50/50 chances of survival from what I am gathering.

The Vet will call to let me know when he will do the surgery. He just wants Max to be on the medication he is on a little longer is why he says he will do it on Monday or Tuesday. So, I forked over another $1,000.00 today.

I told my husband do not get me anything for Christmas. Taking care of Max is my gift and bringing the dog home. He is going to need a lot of special care.

5 comments:

Skye said...

Praying for you and Max.

Scottish Toodler said...

Poor Max and poor you!!! I am sending postive healing thoughts to you both!! There are so many animals who aren't lucky enough to have someone like you to love them!!! I bet he will really like that new blanket and his treats!!!!

Shesawriter said...

My sympathy and empathy ...

I know how tough this must be. Know my thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm an animal lover too. Been there, done that ... unfortunately. It's not easy.

Hugs,

Tanya

Anhoni Patel said...

I don't know what to say...I'm sorry!!

yellowdoggranny said...

will light candle for max and one for you and family..damn.my candle list is really growing...scrach him a good one behind the ears for me...jac