10.24.2005

A Friend's Sister Was Murdered

So today's agenda consisted of going grocery shopping. Oh joy! Instead of making dinner I decided to make finger food. I made a warm mushroom spread. This is my mother's recipe and it is delicious. I will post the recipe another time. I also made imitation crab salad and a cherry cheesecake. That's dinner.

My daughter was using my computer last night and she was reading the front page of our local newspaper. It was really late and I wish I told her to save the article but I can briefly tell you about it as it about a friend of mine that I use to work with at the craft store. Mondo, as I called him was one of the Manager's at the craft store. Well, his wife Maria in which she has 4 other sister's. Her mother named all the girls Maria. I had asked him how he would make a phone call and ask for Maria. He had to say can I speak to Maria DeJesus there. Reminds me of that boxer George Foreman that names all his boys George. What these parents were thinking who the hell knows.

Anyway, my daughter tells me that her sister that lives in the next town over was murdered by her husband and then he killed himself. I did not get the details of the story and since I speak to Maria at least once a week I tried to IM her this afternoon to ask what the hell happened. This is so farked up. So, until I speak to her I can't really tell the story here. The newspaper did show the front of the house and it was a really nice and big house. I had asked my daughter if the newspaper mentioned if he left a note or anything to explain why. She said no. I mean shit, if he didn't no one will ever know why or perhaps Maria will know if there has been a history of her brother-in-law being depressed or whatever.

Not much else.

3 comments:

Scottish Toodler said...

That is serious! I hope it is wrong info or a mistake!! What a crazy world!

Unknown said...

When ecomonic problems happen it seems domestic violence takes a definite rise. Sad but true. With the war, another reason for domestic violence to increase, prices increasing and irregular leadership we are going to see more of this I am afraid. Sorry about your friend.

Anonymous said...

OMG! How crazy is this. Sorry about your friend.