11.09.2005

Appraiser

So, the apprasier came and went. I was telling him about my phone call to the Town Clerk. He had gone to the Assessor's Office and got what he needed. I had asked him when the house was built and he said in 1972 and then I asked the sqare footage. He tells me that the living area being up stairs is 1,262 + 5oo downstairs and finished. So, the total would be 1,762. I had a feeling that it was up there and thought when I was told 1,262 was too low. But this is how they tell you. Just your living space but when they figure the value of the house they add in the basement as they call it. He then asked what I thought my house value is. I said I am hoping at least $350,000 - $440,000. So, if I can get at least say $390,00 for it and minus out the Home Equity of $90,000 I still have $300,000. for this house. My total profit being of $117,000. I can live with that. All in all the value has doubled since I bought it for $183,000 with no mortgage.

We then started talking as I said I was from Norwalk as well as Wilton. So he asked my husband's name and said that it rings a bell. So, I named off some relatives and friends. Ah, yes he now knows who we are and our relatives. It such a small world isn't it.

He couldn't give me a value since he needed to add up some number and will give it to my loan officier. So, I shall have to wait.

5 comments:

Feena said...

Wow! That profit sounds good news. I've just done a currency converter for the estimated value of my house £40,000 = $69,716!!!

You could probably buy a street of my houses *lol*

Jay said...

I'll be pulling for you to get big money!

Scottish Toodler said...

I hope you make lots of money!!! Why are you moving?? Did I miss something?

Susan said...

Oh Toodler, I am not moving. I am taking out a Home Equity Mortgage to do some home improvement and pays some darn bills. I was saying that profit if I had sold the house. I have no mortgage on my house to begin with so I got tons of equity that I can use.

Scottish Toodler said...

I hope you get a good rate!!!!