11.13.2005

Yard Clean Up...

I have said that raking leaves is a waste of time since I live in a wooded area. It is almost rediculous to keep raking when the leaves will be in the yard the next day. That is my theory anyway. Well, what did I do today. No not rake, but used the leaf blower. You know, a little easier but still had to blow them leaves off the porch and since my husband had mowed the lawn in which will probably be the last time I thought I get out there and help the poor guy. I have to admit the yard looks better. I am so sad that most of the leaves are off the trees. I can see my neighbors. I guess this means we need to pull the curtains so you can't see in.

Oh, I did one amazing thing on Friday. We have had this old car sitting in the driveway that my husband had used for spare parts for his truck for about 5 years now. Looked really stupid sitting there with the darn hood up. I couldn't tell you how many times I told him to at least put that hood down to at least make it look presentable. Well, he gave me the okay to call the junk yard. They came with in 2 hours and took it away. The guy said to me that he traveled up and down this road plenty of times and said that car has been there like what? 5 years? Just about I told him. Ah, it looks so much better now. Now, to take the basketball hoop down. My son took the jungle gym down over the summer as that was left there by the previous owners and since my son used it a bit when we moved here.

1 comment:

doubleknot said...

I enjoyed your blog about the leaves and the car.
Your tribute to your father was touching. I also lost my father about five years ago but it wasn't until the last few years of his life that we started to talk and get to know each other.
Also read the entry on farting - right on! My room mate and I are older and at night while we watch TV for a while you hear all kinds of noises coming out of us - knees creaking, coughs, moans and groans and of course those farts that we seem to try to out do each other on.