11.10.2005

Bubba Kitty Kat



My sister had emailed me telling me her kitty kat that she has had for 22 years died in her arms last night by the fireplace.

My sister found this cat when she was in college in PA and kept that cat hidden in her dorm all four years. From there she went back home to my parents in Virginia, then to California, then to Boston, back to California, then to Manhattan, NY, then to Vermont, and then to Colorado. Every where my sister went that cat was with her.

That cat has flown on a plane more than any animal has. My sister had this carrier that looked like a gym bag and she would Bubba (cat) in this bag. It had mesh on both ends so he could breath. She would lay diapers on the bottom should he have an accident. Before she put him in his carrier she tell him to keep quiet or they be walking to their destination. Bubba never even meowed on any of the trips. As soon as she get off the plane she find some grass and let Bubba do his thing.

He has traveled across the country by car from Colorado to Vermont every summer. I would call him the most traveled cat. She had an idea he would pass on soon as he became deaf, was skinny no matter how much she tried to put weight on him. He was just old, and tired.

Bubba is now in Kitty Heaven..



2 comments:

Susan said...

Holy Cow, Jail Bird, France! That was amazing adventure for that cat.

Scottish Toodler said...

In kitty heaven there are lots of slow, fat mice and birds. There is plenty of cream and other treats, special belly rubbing hands, and all sorts of comfy places to snooze!

Cool story about the cat, but am I lame? How can JB be in jail and riding the bus? I couldn't figure it out.

Okay Cumisha-- I will check you out tomorrow night at Sooners right? Your friend Busty de Lusty,hehehe