11.11.2005

Black Friday

While we are waiting for our Home Equity Loan my husband and I have been talking about the things that need to be done around the house, new furniture, paint the entire house and other miscellaneous things and a few things he like to have. Most of the money will get put away in which I like to invest in. I need to do some homework to find out the best place to invest the money. I don't want to tie it up for long should we need some for an emergency.

Anyway, I was just saying to my husband that in the 13 years of being in retail this will be the first year that I will have Black Friday off. Last year, I had worked for just the season at Toys R Us. This is the most insane store to be in. That weekend I was so exhausted and the customers were crazy. They trashed the place that when the store closed for the day we had to clean it all up for the next day trashing. You barely even get a chance to pee. I must have been nuts to even apply to that store. Told my self never again. Working at the craft store was much better on Black Friday weekend.

So, this year, I think I will haunt some stores. I know it is nuts to even shop that weekend.

3 comments:

Jack said...

"Black Friday"? Is that the Friday after Turkey Day? The biggest shopping day of the year?

My wife has worked in retail for years, and she NEVER has that day off! (This year is no exception.)

The hell with the sales - you couldn't get me out in that mess! I'll wait a week or so, even if it means paying a little more. I hate crowds anyway -- extra-large, extra-crazy crowds KILL me! AAAHHH!!

Neo said...

Dreamz - Yeah I know it must suck, a girl that works in my office worked there during "The Season." last year, she ended up quitting.

Scottish Toodler said...

Craft stores? That seems like a lot of work too!!! Try a drug store or something!! I worked at Marshall's during Christmas and next to Toys R Us that was the worst-- especially the lingerie department and all the tiny hangers and everything just thrown on the floor! If you can, just stay home!!!!