11.05.2005

Girlfriend's Nephew

I do not buy the newspaper. Why bother as I can read what is going on right on the Internet. A friend of mine that I use to work with had IM me tell me that a friend of ours that we worked with nephew was killed on Thursday.

An apparent drag race turned deadly late Thursday when a fiery three-car crash killed my friend's nephew. His car slammed into a tree. Kids are always challenging each other to see who's car is the fastest.

The passenger was trapped inside the burning car was critically injured, and two others were seriously injured. He was pronounced dead shortly after the crash.

The accident happened around 11:30 p.m., the kid that was killed, another kid and a third driver, were north on this road "in close proximity to each other" when one kids car veered right and lost control, police said. The car rolled on its roof.

The kid that died car then clipped the left front of the other driver,sending it spinning out of control.

After the other kid striking the kid that died his car headed northwest across the road, left the pavement and hit a large tree before bursting into flames.

The kid that died was apparently ejected, but passenger in his car was trapped inside the burning vehicle.Two of the responding police officers were treated for smoke inhalation.

The kid that was trapped in the burning car was flown by a LifeStar helicopter to a burn unit. He was listed in critical condition.

My girlfriend family has been through some hell loosing a few family member. Such as her parents house burned down killing her two brother's that were trapped inside. Several years ago she lost another brother due to an aneurysm and now this.







2 comments:

Jack said...

That's horrible, BD. Our community has lost five kids -- FIVE -- in the last month-and-a-half due to vehicle accidents. The first three in a car driven by a teen who had his license EIGHT DAYS. All five were students at my daughter's high school.

It is a horrible, horrible tragedy, and I couldn't BEGIN to fathom the sadness and despair the parents, families, and friends must endure.

I, too, will say a prayer.

Scottish Toodler said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I will pray for your friend and her family. Some Saint said "God only give me what I can handle, but I wish he would stop trusting me with so much."