11.07.2005

Beautiful Weekend

It was a gorgeous weekend. Saturday's temperature was in the 70s and Sunday was warm but not as warm as Saturday. It seem like everybody was outside in T-shirts, and shorts catching what may be the last of the warm weather. It was like Indian summer, and the magnificent colors of the leaves in which we are at our peak. Leaves just scattered all over covering the ground. While it may seem like a mess to some but not to me.

We had done our usual running around and my husband had to put in a new sewer pump as the other one went. In the 10 years that we have lived here we have only had to call someone in to repair the boiler and while the guy was doing that my husband would watch him closely so if it should break down again he knew what to do. Being a home owner you learn to fix almost everything yourself if you can. Of course when we first lived here he didn't know squat. I bought him plenty of those How-to-Do books on repairs. They have come in handy that is for sure.

It seems as though in the last couple of weeks a few things in the house have broken down that my husband hasn't been able to work on his truck. He has been working on since summer and can only do what he can with what ever time he has. He is rebuilding the whole engine. Right now he is working on the brake line. It seems that every time he completes one thing something else needs to be done. Well, the truck had been sitting in the garage for some time so things got rusty and what not.

We had friends over on Sunday and since it was nice out we just hung out side and let the puppy run around. So it was a pleasant weekend.

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Neo said...

Blogd - Awesome here in Philly, saw the NIN show!!

Sadly the Eagles lost.

Oh well, can't all be good. I'll just take it where I can get it.

Tammy said...

Your weekend sounds wonderful! We're still finishing up moving, so I'm looking forward to next weekend, when I can hopefully relax!

Feena said...

Sorry it was so bad Don, hope your week goes better.

Mine was okay - went to the hairdressers on Saturday morning for 4 hours! My poor dog was really upset because of all the fireworks so we stayed indoors in the evenings.

Foxy said...

i am loving the trees and the weather too- does wonders for the spirit. :)

Sydney said...

Pretty good most of the weekend (well, Thurs and Fri) because we were in Palm Springs. But I was worried about my dad. Then it went downhill Saturday when we went to the Memorial Service for one of my boss's daughters in L.A.

She was a beautiful 31 year old who had died in a dirt bike accident. (Dirt bike or atv, still not certain which) At any rate, I was really upset after that and didnt leave the room after til we left Sunday.

Jay said...

I went to one of the largest rummage sales in the world. I almost scored an air hockey table for $25, but sadly it was not meant to be.

I have the most exciting life EVER.