11.10.2005

Bruises

I had skipped over to Na Uh! Ya Huh blog aka momyblogr and there she has this big bruise. I am not sure where that bruise is on her body and didn't ask. Looking at that picture reminded me of a big bruise like that I had on my body one time.

After Christmas for many years, my family would go to our winter house in Vermont and we go skiing. I could downhill ski but wasn't' good at it and often would go cross-country skiing with my parents. It is a lot of work cross-country. The thing I liked about it was the fact I could cross-country anywhere and not just on a ski slope.

So, my parents and I would cross- country around the town where our winter/summer homes were and we could cross-country across the lake. Back in 1975 my parents are roughly my age now (48) and we were going down this slope. They had gone first, and me, being the chicken because the slope was steep and here I am only (17) at the time was a big chicken to go down. Then, I thought, they made it down with no problem so can I. I proceeded to go down the hill and my speed is increasing fast and I am not very good at stopping. At this point I didn't like the rate of speed that I was going and wanted to slow down. I have no darn idea how this happened but some how or another I had crossed my skies and tumbled over and my poles are flying every which way and then I felt a sharp pain after I had tumbled down onto the snow. I wasn't sure what had happened and I hear my father shouting from the bottom of the hill "Are you alright?" luckily, my head was facing my parents and I can see my mother with this horrible look on her face. I knew I must have looked like hell. They had quickly taken off their skies and raced up the hill. I was completely tangled up and my father pulls the ski pole out that had jammed into my left side boob. Yes, you read this right and stop laughing. That dam hurt, and I had this huge bruise on my boob for weeks.

To let you know, that was the end of my cross-country days of skiing. I will tell you my downhill skiing accident another time. Yes, you will laugh at that one too.

5 comments:

Scottish Toodler said...

OUCH!!!! (laughing a teeny bit, too)

Mise en Place said...

GIRL! That ain't MY leg!! That's the back of Honey's leg. I know, I know they are bird like but LOOK at the HAIR, LOL!! You are too much, man oh man.

My skiing adventures sound a lot like yours. I also gave up the sport, lol.

Susan said...

Hey, who was paying attention to the hair? I was looking at the bruise. LOL!

Neo said...

Dreamz - I've never went skiing before. But I've messed my ankles and knees up before. (I used to be a goalie in my younger days)

Skye said...

Oh! That reminds me of my skiing expirence.