11.23.2005

Happy Thanksgiving

As the year is coming to an end it will be Thanksgiving tomorrow. I have several pies to make today and some appetizer as well. It will only be my husband, son and I this year. My daughter decided not to cancel her trip to Puerto Rico. Even though my husband and I really wish her not to go since her marriage is on the war path but hopefully with the time alone down there she can whack some sense into this husband of hers. Highly doubtful but worth a try. Happy Thanksgiving to you all and try not to over stuff yourself.

In the mean time let us all think about what we are thankful for. I shall go first.
Despite the fact that this has been a rough year for me I am thankful that I didn't end up in the funny farm. Wellbutrin came to my rescue.

I am thankful my husband likes the new company that he is working for after 8 years of complaining of the other company he made a switch.

I am thankful that I have two pain in the butt kids that I love dearly and they are healthy. I am still working on that attitude adjustment on my daughter. My son is so mellow and I am thankful that he has calmed down after years of dealing with an ADHD child. Funny how you loose one insanity only to gain another type of insanity.

I am thankful that I have a roof over my head, my belly full, and a few clothes on my back. I simple do not gripe about what I want or think what I need and appreciate what I have in front of me and that is my family and friends.

Most of all, I am thankful for our Troops. Being overseas is rough on our men and woman and they are doing a hell of a good job. They have more guts than I will ever have. I pray for their safety and wish they come home to their family soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!

For some little fun...

Your Thanksgiving Costume Is
Apache Maiden



6 comments:

Anhoni Patel said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks for posting what you are thankful for; it's always good to read what others have going on in their lives. I'm thankful for food and heat. Among other things.

Jack said...

Nice post! And Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

You're right - this is a great time for reflection, and to realize and acknowledge (and give thanks!) for those things in our lives for which we sometimes take for granted.

I, too, am thankful for healthy, loving family. We don't live like the Bill Gates's and Ted Turner's of the world, but we still have much for which to be thankful.

Have a great one!

Unknown said...

I love what you have done with the place. So pretty. I knew you would come up with the great artistic bogs here. Good job.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Jay said...

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Cassandra said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Scottish Toodler said...

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving and that you are keeping track of your blessings!!! And reminding the rest of us to do the same!!!!