11.08.2005

The Assessor's Can Just Kiss My.....

I have an appraiser coming tomorrow and he had asked me some questions about my property such as total sq. footage, age of house, and acreage. I couldn't remember any of this. So, I decided to call our Assessor to get this information. They wouldn't give me this information over the phone because someone had called them for this type of information and asked for the sq. footage, and they only gave the footage of the living area and not the basement area and she said they didn't ask for that. So, now they don't give out the information.

Now, to me the sq.footage is the entire house upstairs, downstairs, etc., but apparently the Assessor's have it broken down to sq. footage of living space and then the basement. Okay, I use to work in the Assessor's office and correct me if I am just plan dumb here. I would give the entire sq.footage of the house. Don't most people use the whole frickin house? Even if the basement isn't finished you still use it for storage, laundry room or what ever. You may not sleep there unless your in the dog house with your spouse. But you get my point here I need the entire footage of the house basement and all. It is still part of the house because when I sell it I am selling the whole frickin thing. They wouldn't even give me the acreage or when the house was built. Oh I have to come in to see this or mail a self-address-stamped envelope. I said to her "First, no car, appraiser coming tomorrow and lets not forget here that I pay this town a pretty penny of $5,000+ a year on taxes and you can't give me any of this information where all the other towns do. One last thing I said to her this is the most pathetic policy I have ever heard of" and hung up the phone.

I am not like this on the phone but when I hear something just so stupid it just pees me off. So in other words if some person living in Pluto, and needed all this like right now this is the line you will get. Talk about rotten customer service.

3 comments:

Scottish Toodler said...

It truly is a bunch of BS!!!!I used to work in escrow and some of the stupid things they make homeowners go through to sell !

Neo said...

Blogd - So, just a dumb question here, why did you wait to the last minute? ;)

If you have the blueprints of your spot it should probably have it on there. Otherwise, I'd have asked for the persons supervisor/manager and gone from there.

I can't for the life of me understand why they'd be that anal.

Good luck!

Susan said...

I had actually looked on the blue print of the property that was left with the house when we bought it. It was a blueprint showing where the septic was put in and shows the acreage, but not the sq.ft of house nor how old. As I did state that I use to work with the Assessor and I always gave out any information that was requested. If I had known my town was so stinky about this I would have gotten this information when I looked up the deed the other week.