11.03.2005

New Grand Canyon Sky Walk

Over my dead body would you ever catch me walking out on something like this so that I can get a better view of the Grand Canyon. You would have to sedate me.



New Grand Canyon Sky walk

* Scheduled to open Jan. 1, 2006 Hualapai Indian Reservation

* Just about 70 feet into the canyon, 4000 ft above the Colorado River

* Will accommodate 120 people comfortably - I don't think so! Not while I am standing on it.

(Ha Ha!!!!! I can see you crawling on your hands and knees
to look over the edge?)

* Built with more than a million pounds of steel beams, and includes dampeners that minimize the structure's vibration.

* Designed to hold 72 million pounds, withstand an 8.0 magnitude earthquake 50 miles away, and withstand winds in excess of 100 mph - Now how do they know that it withstand and earthquake that far away? And, what asshole would be on this with wides at 100mph?

* The walkway has a glass bottom and sides...four inches thick. - You have got to be kidding me. Why would I want to look down? What if that glass gave out by some dumb ass people jumping on it all the time. NADA gonna happen if I was on it.

No thanks! Just looking at the picture can cause an ANXIETY ATTACK!

7 comments:

Mise en Place said...

Oh man, I'm with you. There is NO way in hell I'd be standing on that thing. Really, and in a 100 mph winds, what is wrong with people?

Excuse me, I have to get a towel, I'm having cold sweats. Damn that's high.

Jack said...

I posted about this in a previous blog I had!

I with you -- this seems like a movie-type disaster waiting to happen!

Thanks, but no thanks! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm. I probably would not go on it. But, it is so cool.....The weather would have to calm, no wind!


The Grand Canyon is so amazing.

Jay said...

Let's not forget about the long standing engineering prowess of the Hualapai. If we cannot trust their ancient structural secrets, then I no longer want to be a part of this world.

Scottish Toodler said...

Well, I am scared of heights too, but I am going to stand on it when I drive through that way!!!

Skye said...

Nope, when we got there we just sat in the car and looked! The windshield was close enough for me.

Anhoni Patel said...

blog Portland - LOL.

How did they even build something like this? How did they get that far out? These engineers are geniuses. Geniuses!